Name: Getting Started with Docker
Date/time: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific Time
Are you new to Docker? No worries! The "Getting Started with Docker" workshop is made for you. This workshop starts from the basics and provides participants with a hands-on learning experience to gain practical knowledge and confidence in working with Docker containers. By the end of the workshop, attendees will have the essential skills needed to effectively utilize Docker for application development, deployment, and management.
Throughout the session, you’ll learn about containers and images, how to run containers using images from Docker Hub and other registries, how to build custom images, how to network multiple containers together, and how to persist data using volumes. We’ll wrap up with an intro to Docker Compose, where you’ll learn how to help your team easily get the benefits of a containerized environment.
Intended audience: Everyone, especially beginners
- Introduction to Docker: Designed for individuals new to Docker, this session covers the basics and offers a foundational understanding of application development, deployment, and management using Docker.
- In-depth tools overview: The workshop will delve into Docker Compose, containers, and images, providing practical knowledge for those interested.
Topics to be covered:
- Container and image basics
- Building and pushing custom images
- Data persistence using volumes
- Intro to Docker Compose
- Being a productivity booster for your team
8:00-8:40 Container and image intro
8:40-9:15 Using containers for development
9:15-9:30 Break time
9:30-10:10 Building your own images
10:10-11:00 Multi-service applications
11:00-11:15 Break time
11:15-12:00 Intro to Docker Compose
- Code repo containing all samples and demos
- Docker CLI Digital cheatsheet